Latin Language and Literature
This minor introduces students to the Latin language and enables them to read, in Latin, important works of Latin literature.
Students who have taken Latin in high school and can place into LATN 201 or above may complete the minor with a total of five courses, including at least three at the 300 or 400 level. See a departmental advisor for more information. For students with no prior experience of Latin, the minor requires 21 credits, consisting of the following courses:
- LATN101 Elementary Latin I (4 credits)
- LATN102 Elementary Latin II (4 credits)
- LATN201 Intermediate Latin (4 credits)
- LATN3xx, LATN3xx Two reading courses chosen from the following: Plautus, Petronius, Ovidor Horace and Catullus (6 credits)
- LATN4xx Reading course in a major Latin author (3 credits)
Note: No course grade below the grade of C- may count toward the minor. An overall GPA of 2.0 in the minor is required for graduation.